Monday, March 14, 2016

Frugal Happenings and Whatnot

So still working over here on making sure I blog weekly about my life, all the cool stuff  I am doing and whatnot. So this week in my long journey of frugalness, I picked up some decor and house stuff from my neighbor. She gave me three red and brown rugs for my kitchen, three throw pillows, two containers of wooden coasters, and two dark red curtains. All of this home decor already matches what I have in my home so that was super lucky of me. Slowly but surely my kitchen is coming together. I am super excited, also in frugalness I have stayed home alot and haven't used but a half of a tank of gas in almost two weeks, which saves me 16 dollars!

In other news, yesterday my friends showered me with gifts at a surprise baby shower in my honor. I had lots of fun, and even though it was a few of us we played a few games, and ate some good food. I am so excited about having friends I can share these moments with in my life. I have always struggled with making and keeping friends and I can't believe I am lucky enough to have a small group of friends that I enjoy spending time with. So back to the gifts, I got a bunch of baby clothes, some bath and grooming products, two handmade blankets both of which were beautiful, a gift card, and some washcloths that were made into a washcloth bouquet. All of the gifts were much needed and will come in handy after my little guy is born. Also this saves me a good bit of money cause now I do not have to buy some of those items.

I also wrote thank you cards to my friends who gifted me at the shower. I used thank you cards I had at home and saved myself a trip out to buy some as well as the cost of the cards.These cards were cards I have leftover from another event so they came in handy.


I hope everyone has a frugal day!




No comments:

Post a Comment